NewSkin partners have presented water related NewSkin facilities and work at European Desalination Society conference 2022
NewSkin partners have presented water related NewSkin facilities and work at European Desalination Society conference 2022Published on 01 Jul 15:56 (5 months ago) by AquaTT
Members from the NewSkin OITB Water team (AquaTT, DREAM, Leitat, ECCS, and DCU) were pleased to take part in the European Desalination Society (EDS) Las Palmas conference ‘Desalination for the Environment: Clean Water and Energy’ last week. Where, our team presented on their latest NewSkin OITB work in the H2020 funded open test bed facilities for characterising, upscaling and testing high-performance surface functionality and membranes.
It was a packed week for us – full of talks, networking activities and a visit to the Desal+ Living Lab Desalination Testbed Facilities. The NewSkin team found it an excellent opportunity to engage with the desalination community, gain insights on the advances and challenges in the sector, and to connect in person.
We would like to thank everyone who visited our NewSkin panel on the EDS booth, attended our talks (listed below), stopped to chat and/or came to ask us questions! Also thank you very much Miriam Balaban, Tracey Nolan and Ursula Annunziata for the invitation to participate, and congratulations for the excellent organisation. We were delighted to have the opportunity to showcase the technologies available for SME, academic and industry use in our facilities, and initiate discussions on how we could tailor NewSkin services to specific applications with potential Open Call applicants. This was good timing, especially with the Call 2 deadline approaching at the end of July.
NewSkin talks at the conference included:
NewSkin talks at the conference included:
- Núria 324 - June 21st: Session 5 Wastewater Chair: Alexey Pervov, Patrick Buchta >>> 324 Plasma technology and functionalization treatments for membranes Núria Portolés, Lorenzo Bautista, Marcel Boerrigter, Paula Félix de Castro
- Carlos 331 - June 21st: Session 6 Thermal/solar desalination Chair: Ursula Annunziata, Juan Arévalo >>> 331 From pumps to membranes and filtering media C. del Castillo, D. Kinahan, L. Bautista, Matthias Fahland, Viatcheslav Freger
- Carlos 332 - June 22nd: Session 10 Fouling, spacers and concentration polarization Chair: Oded Nir >>> 332 Open calls and the role of EU funded open innovation test beds to accelerate the transfer for KET to key industries C. del Castillo, O. Ormond, E. Scheers
- David 252 - June 22nd: Session 18 Desalination for drinking water/crop irrigation Chair: Antonella DeLuca, Jochen Kallenberg >>> 252 Upscaling large-area machining of complex structures through multi-modal laser processing Ronan McCann, Abhijit S. Cholkar, David J. Kinahan, Dermot Brabazon.
For more details on the talks see the EDS conference book of abstracts and talk to the team (info@NewSkin-OITB.eu).
NewSkin water related technologies include:
- Nanocarbon media for membranes (Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft) and nano-particles media on different substrates (Leitat Technological Center))
- Testing membranes with realistic wastewater streams (Technion - Israel Institute of Technology)
Improving anti-fouling properties in both membranes and pumps (by means of texturing (AIMEN Centro Tecnológico and Dublin City University) and coating (Leitat Technological Center))
- Pumps – upscaling and testing nano-coatings and nano-surface technologies which can help fight corrosion, erosion, cavitation and mechanical damage, reducing wear to pumps’ pistons, propellers, cylinders, seals and other. (Closed cavitation test loop for centrifugal pumps (Dublin City University))
- Improving corrosion resistance and advanced coating and textures prevent scaling (by means of texturing (AIMEN Centro Tecnológico and Dublin City University) and coating (@Leitat Technological Centre))
Please contact any of the NewSkin OITB team info@NewSkin-OITB.eu, to organise a meeting to discuss the NewSkin services relevant to you, how they can be tailored to your needs, and how to apply for free open access (Open Call 2 deadline is on 29th July 2022). NewSkin full Catalog of services available here https://lnkd.in/evVd8mVH. Applicants can request an NDA before filling the open call application - please email info@NewSkin-OITB.eu to arrange this.
The NewSkin services offered are expected to speed-up the launch of novel nanomaterials and membranes, and commercial or personal products using these advanced materials, to boost efficiency and to support industry, especially SMEs, in better and faster development of their products.