Center for Technology Transfers in Ceramics
The Centre de Transfert de Technologies Céramiques (CTTC) is a private Research and Technology Organisation (RTO) specialised in the field of technical ceramics materials and shaping processes. CTTC offers various services mainly consisting of contractual Research & Development, scale-up, industrial transfer, complemented by design office services, expertise, material characterization (EXALYSES by CTTC laboratory), and training (Qualiopi certification). The Centre, dedicated to additive manufacturing for ceramics and also multimaterial components, has all necessary skills (processes of digitizing and modelling, feedstock formulations, process parameters, post-treatments and characterization) to support industrial developments in their innovation approach. CTTC customers come from several industrial sectors such as health industry, electronics, energy, space, aeronautic, luxury…
Textured industrial components (gears, seals, gaskets, pistons, shafts, propellers…), Optics, Prosthesis, Nano-enabled water membranes, Nano-formulated paints application, Functional films (packaging and electronics), Nano-enabled flexible glass, plastic and metal (including flexible electronics, Photovoltaics, heat exchangers and electrochromic envelopes), Nano-enabled surfaces for energy storage, Nano-enabled elements for blades and composites, Micro-electronics, Fatigue assessment of large offshore steel structures, Influence of corrosion on fatigue resistance of high-strength bolts, Pumps, Graphene, Equipment exposed to harsh conditions , Tribological coatings/surfaces
The ADDICERAM project, included in the CTTC resourcing programs CERA+ (2017-2019) and CERA2+ (2020-2022), is dedicated on layer-by-layer additive manufacturing technologies such as Binder Jetting and Micro-Extrusion processes. This project in collaboration with a regional laboratory (IRCER, CNRS) targets different applications (optics, aeronautics, energy).
From September 2022 to September 2022
The CERACELL project, included in the CTTC resourcing programs CERA+ (2017-2019) and CERA2+ (2020-2022), is dedicated on the production, recovery and energy storage integrated into mobile devices, thermal protection of aeronautical alloys and tribological coatings for prostheses. It relies mainly on the development of the Aerosol Deposition Method (ADM) technology (INPACT technology - CTTC patent) and on partnerships with several academic teams who provide their expertise on materials and systems.
From September 2022 to September 2022
- R&D studies
- The R&D team of the CTTC accompanies enterprises in their innovation and research projects in the field of technical ceramics. To do so, the CTTC gathers several tools such as technological ressources, manufacturing methods, a wide range of caracterization devices allowing the team, composed of technicians, engineers and PhDs with different skills and specialities to meet your expectations and provide responses tailored to the needs of their customers. The R&D service of the CTTC conducts around 40 studies each year for well-known companies such as: SAFRAN, Saint-Gobain, Airbus, Imerys CEA,...
- Analysis and measurement
- The CTTC offers a large range of tools to characterize ceramic materials at different step of processes from raw materials to finished products. According to your need, whether you want to test or understand the behavior of a product under certain conditions or you just want to compare the properties of parts, the CTTC's ceramic analysis lab is equipped with a full laboratory with multiple characterisation facilities among which one can find physical-chemical, mechanical, microstructural and thermal analyses.
- As a recognized training institution, CTTC offers its skills across a range of unique training courses which combine theory and practice, with an emphasis on shaping processes (dry, plastic and liquid), characterizations, raw materials and heat treatment. The CTTC offers a whole panel of courses arranged as a set of theoretical presentations, demonstrations and practical applications of our industrial equipment. This allows engineers and technicians to learn the characteristics of the manufacture and implementation of ceramics.
- Expertise and technical assistance
- From the writing of the specifications up to the start-up of production lines, CTTC provides customers with expertise and personalized technical assistance. Our consultants in ceramics gives: a better understanding and grasp of projects, help in decision-making to manage projects more rapidly and effectively. The CTTC offers a custom-made method comprising : an industrial site audit, state of the art technical expertise, testing and analytical options to clarify any problems, support from its partners.
- Alumina ceramic Ink IJ-AL14
- Zirconia ceramic Ink AJ-YSZ40
- Tungsten metal ink AJ-W65